Wednesday, January 3, 2007

"Meditate and eat your veggies" a patient perspective.


Ken Wilber, author, philosopher, creator of Integral Theory, writes about his recent frightening and amazing experience at an ER and intensive care unit in a Colorado hospital. It is amazing what the human body can withstand especially when throughly cared for. KW you are an inspiration and I am glad you made it through. Godspeed.



"At 8:30 PM on Tuesday, December 5, 2006, while Becca and I were watching a movie, I had a grand mal seizure that was quite severe. Although these are common with CFIDS/REDD/ME, it has only happened once to me before, as far as I can tell. A really major grand mal seizure can kill you. Although this one didn't do that, it came damn close, and was in any event severe enough to precipitate ten more equally severe seizures-one after another after another. By the time they got me to the ER and stabilized-about 12 hours later-not only had I suffered around a dozen grand mal seizures in a row, I had essentially flat-lined three times and had the electric paddles applied to my chest three times-overall, a pretty gruesome ordeal......The doctors told me that the only reason I survived was that I was in such good physical shape at the beginning of the ordeal. When people started asking how I managed to get through something like this, I therefore started joking, "Meditate and eat your veggies."

Read more...

No comments: